Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Spring Cleaning: Blog Anniversary

So it's my Blogversary!!! Wait. Is that a thing to say in Bloggers World lol?!? Well today makes one year since I posted my first blog post "Check Mate".

I am extremely thankful for all my supporters. It means much more than words can express. The texts, comments, and shares let me know that God is truly working. There are times when I doubt people are thoroughly reading my entries. I'm sometimes leery about being transparent. Then the support comes rolling in. I've been asked by people to continue blogging. It's like really? You really want me to keep writing? You actually like what I write? I'm thankful that God is using me to reach others.

Moving forward, it's Transformation Tuesday!!! This entry is about change. I have been doing some spring cleaning. Some clothes, shoes and books have got to go. Negative thoughts have got to go.



I don't agree with the saying, "New Year, same me." A part of being a believer in Christ is being renewed. Why wouldn't you want to grow? Why wouldn't you want to change?

"Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect"
~ Romans 12:2 NLT
This entry was going to be titled
"It's Time for a Change" lol

You'll notice some changes about my blog. Stemming off the blog title, the main tab is titled "Release." Also, you can now subscribe to my blog. Yay!!! Just make sure you are viewing the web version and then verify your subscription. I'm working on my organization skills in life and wanted you all as my readers to have better navigation through my entries. I had too many tabs. So goodbye "Set the Record Straight", "3...2...1" and "BAM." I still wish to incorporate the tabs into the homepage. So what will happen to my entries posted on my previous tabs? Well that's why we have Throwback Thursday and Flashback Friday lol. I'll repost them on the main page on any given Thursday or Friday.

For reminiscing purposes, I'll share the original thought behind my previous tabs.

Set The Record Straight- I am a student videographer for the Rattler Football Team. The 2014 theme was "Set the Record Straight." So let's "Set the Record Straight," I love athletics but I am not athletic. Well I cheered and participated in band lol. I believe there is a lesson in everything and will be sharing life lessons I received with my experience with athletics.

3...2...1- The purpose of 3...2...1 is to highlight people I admire or who standout in my eyes. Also 3...2...1 is my birthday lol. March 21. So it can be a coach, a couple, or a student. Whomever the spotlight falls on. Lights...Camera...Action in 3...2...1!!!

BAM- "BAM!" something Emeril Lagasse would say on his cooking show. I was a huge fan as a little girl. So you guessed it this is all about food and fellowship. I may share a recipe, a restaurant experience, or a funny family dinner story. Check out my Pinterest food board - Heaven on Earth = Food

It's my prayer that you feel refreshed and renewed once reading my entries. I'm human just like you. I make mistakes just like you. Every now and then I prefer to take a step back and breathe just like you. So as you read about friends, tragedies, blessings, dancers and my life altogether, I pray it inspires you in some way. Let's grow together!!!

"The generous will prosper; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed."
Proverbs 11:25 NLT

Relax, Relate, Release,

BreAllyse


No comments:

Post a Comment