Tuesday, June 28, 2016

HairStory, HerStory Tuesday: Part 1

My hair has been going through some changes in the past 2 months. I got the idea to do a HairStory, HerStory series that will show my hair throughout the past few years. Each hairstyle has a story. Enjoy!!!

First Year at Florida A&M University

Freshman Move-In 2011
-I had micros for the first time going into college. I've been wanting them since middle school when everyone had them lol. It was a going away to college gift. I got them so I wouldn't have to worry about my hair as I transitioned into college. Who wants to worry about having to do her hair when moving to a new area?





Homecoming Cut
As you can tell I wasn't too happy.
- So as a gift a cousin of mine offered to pay for me to get my hair done for Homecoming. So I had to remove the micros. I had a very difficult time taking them out. It was so frustrating that I gave up and I would cut where the braid ends. That's a big no-no because my hair was way longer than where a micro-braid ends. When I got to my hair appointment I found out the braids were  sealed/melted. That's why I was having a difficult time taking them out. In the heat of the moment (no pun intended) I couldn't remember how my hair became sealed. We spent extra time cutting my hair out at my appointment.  How embarrassed I felt lol. After my hair was cut I remembered a young lady on campus styled my braids and tried to curl them with a curling iron. With the type of hair I used for my braids that's a big no-no. She never told me it was melted. She only told me the hair wouldn't curl. I wasn't to fond of the cut. It was completely shaved in the back. I could be exaggerating. But there's a difference between WANTING to cut your hair and HAVING to cut your hair. I had it cut one more time afterwards and then grew my hair out. I actually never wanted it cut in the first place. I remember people thought my hair was cut because I decided to make a big change while I was in college.












19th Birthday
-By my 19th Birthday my hair had grown significantly. I got it done at the Rattler's Edge on campus. I was so glad my hair was growing back. Glory to God for the day I could finally pull my hair back to make the smallest ponytail ever. The most my hair has ever been cut were my bangs in high school. Well except that time I personally cut some of my hair in 6th grade lol. Boy did I get in trouble that day.


Well after reflecting on these stories I learned two lessons. 

1.Sometimes you'll receive a promise, blessing or what you desire after everyone else. Look at Rachael's desire to have a son. Look at Abraham and Sarah with God's promise of them to be parents of many nations. Sometimes a delay is okay. Everything will happen in God's timing.

2. In all things seek understanding. The hair cut could have been avoided if I was more knowledgeable about the type of hair I had in my head and its limitations. 
"Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding." 
~ Proverbs 4:7 KJV


Relax, Relate, Release


~BreAllyse

2011 High School Senior Pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment